How it works for landlords
“How it works for landlords” will explain to owners of properties how to post their listings and how to earn money in renting them out. If you have any specific demand or question, you can contact HomeSwissHome by phone or email.
1. Register as a landlord
-> Choose the option “i want to submit a property and book”
-> You receive an email with your generated password (that you can customize after from your dashboard)
-> You login and can access to your account dashboard.
2. Account dashboard
You now have access to your personal dashboard:
- Your profile: from which you can add/change your details + add your bank details to receive your payments.
- see the incoming requests and respond to them, chat with future tenants.
- submit a property, book a property, access to your listings (that you can edit or delete), check your invoices, your favorites, your calendars
3. Add properties
From your dashboard you can add/change your properties.
- short term rentals
- workspaces (per hour)
- event places
It is very easy to set things like:
- Images / Videos
- Add details
- Calendar / i Cal
-> Ask our professionals to make a video from your place to highlight your advertisement of it.
4. Accept or reject the request received
-> You will receive booking requests by email. You can also view these request from your dashboard in “my BOOKINGS”.
-> You will have to approve -> ISSUE invoice + SEND invoice (Add discounts if you like) or reject your future tenant -> REJECT booking.
-> Once issued, you can always delete the invoice
-> The landlord is required to respond within 48 hours
5. Request accepted by the tenant
The user who initiates the reservation will then receive the message that an invoice is issued and that he must check & pay the full value in order to confirm the reservation. Once the invoice has been paid, the reservation will be confirmed and the dates will be blocked in the calendar.
6. Secured payments
We will handle the payment and reserve the money on our protected bank account. When the tenant checks out and is happy we will release the rent + cleaning fees to you. And the security deposit will be refunded to the tenant.
-> You can filter, see if it has been paid and print your invoices in going in “INVOICES” from your dashboard.
7. Check in
The landlord should get in touch with the tenants about the check-in time.
Do not forget to make good pictures and a video of the property when the tenants arrive at the apartment.
8. Check out
When your customers are checking out,
- make sure that your place is in order. If not contact us immediately to retain the security deposit.
- dont forget to ask them to write a good review about your place and yourself on homeswisshome.ch, that will help yourself to get further bookings.
9. Final payments
Once your customers checked out,
- if we did not receive any complains from their side -> We will transfer you your Earning + Cleaning fees – Website fees (only 5% commission to pay for the transaction and the website maintenance)
- if we did not receive any complain from your side -> we will transfer to the tenant its security deposit if you were asking for.